Innovative Silicon (ISi), the developer of Z-RAM® ultra-dense memory intellectual property (IP), is on an awards roll.
The company recently announced that IEEE Spectrum Magazine readers named Z-RAM the number one winning technology in its “Winners and Losers” edition. Over 50 percent of nearly 1,000 voting readers indicated that ISi should be selected for the award. As such, ISi received the EE Times and IEEE Spectrum Emerging Technology ACE Award.
Other recent awards include:
• The nomination of ISi’s chief scientist and co-founder as a finalist for the EE Times’ ACE Award Innovator of the Year.
• The Red Herring 100 Europe 2007 award, recognizing Europe’s 100 “most promising” companies driving the future of technology.
• The 2006 Frost & Sullivan Product Innovation award.
• A place on EE Times’ list of 60 Emerging Startups, better known as the “Silicon 60”.
• “Best Invention of the Year” status by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL).
The award winning Z-RAM technology harnesses the floating-body effect of SOI devices, achieving twice the memory density of existing embedded DRAM technology and five times that of SRAM, yet requiring no exotic changes to the manufacturing process.