Freescale, which now builds all its 45nm chips on SOI, announced seven new QorIQ communications processors in H2, including:
• the P1023/1017 and P2040, spanning single- to eight-cores and frequencies from 400MHz to 2.2 GHz;
• the P3041 processor in the new quad-core P3 platform for low power apps;
• a new 64-bit platform with the single-core P5010 and dual-core P5020;
• the energy-efficient P1010 for factory equipment, digital video recorders, storage products and more.
New SOI-based products from Freescale:
• the MSC825x family of programmable DSPs delivers the optimal blend of low cost and the industry’s highest performing core for a broad range of medical, aerospace/defense and test/measurement applications.
• the QorIQ P1012/P1021 for communications equipment applications – the first processors based on its QorIQ communications platform that also incorporate QUICC Engine multiprotocol technology.