• AMD, which builds its entire AMD64 line on SOI, is on a roll:
– As of Q1 06, the AMD Opteron processor now accounts for 22.1 percent of the worldwide x86 server processors shipped in the first quarter, up from 16.4 percent in the 2005 fourth quarter.
– Hard on the heels of the first revenue shipments of AMD64 processors manufactured at Fab 36 in Dresden, Germany, AMD announced another $2.5 billion investment in its Dresden facility to increase 300 mm capacity.
– AMD’s new line of highly energy-efficient processors offer from 37% up to 154% greater performance-per-watt than standard power AMD desktop processors.
– From China comes news that AMD64 technology is now available in a new line of professional desktop PCs from Lenovo, marking the first time that this pairing will be available worldwide. AMD also announced that Tsinghua Tongfang, China’s third largest computer manufacturer and the second largest home PC brand in China, will offer a series of computer systems powered by AMD processors.
You must be logged in to post a comment.