23 – 28 January 2010, San Francisco
SPIE Photonics West is North America’s largest commercial exhibition on optics, lasers, biomedical optics, optoelectronic components, and imaging technologies.
- Self-aligned mask less process for etching cavities in SOI wafers to enhance the quality factor of MEMS resonators.
Wajihuddin Mohammad, et al. (Louisiana Tech)
- Fabrication and characterization of garnet/SOI strip-loaded waveguides for integrated optical isolator applications.
Lei Bi, et al. (MIT)
- Design and manufacture of quantum-confined punch-through SOI light sources.
Alfons W. Bogalecki, et al. (U. Pretoria, South Africa)
- Arrays of SOI photonic wire biosensors for label-free molecular detection.
Adam Densmore, et al. (National Research Council Canada)
- Power and speed analysis of miniaturized SOI Y-branch Mach-Zehnder thermo-optic switches.
Kuan Pei Yap, et al. (National Research Council Canada, Carleton U.)
- High-performance ring microresonator on SOI coupled to photonic wires.
Vasily A. Melnikov, et al. (Trinity College Dublin)
- Design and characterization of a large cross-section MZI rib waveguide on SOI substrate for biosensing application.
Joseph M. Novak, et al. (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- Thermally tunable SOI CMOS photonics circuits.
Ivan N. Shubin, et al. (Sun Microsystems, Luxtera)